Sunday, April 3, 2011

So here I go again...

Hi everyone,
Well, to be honest with you I been lazy and haven't pick up the keyboard to write anything. I even thought that my blog was cancelled or erased.
I want to start writing again and so i will begin by just making reference to an article I read in the March issue of FORTUNE magazine where they interviewed David Herro from Oakmark International fund; which, according to their web page, generally invests in mid and large cap companies outside the U.S.
In this interview Scott Cendrowski asks Mr. Herro where does he think is the worst place to be right now; to which Mr. Herro replies Energy, natural resources. Mr. Herro elaborates saying that people don't see that the demand for these resources is declining in the developed world. He also makes reference to the movement towards green technology and energy efficiency.
I think it is true that the developed world is moving towards energy efficiency and green technology. However, I do not think oil is the worst place to be right now. at least in the short term with all the conflicts that exist in the middle east and the huge expected demand of natural resources from china, India, and Brazil. In the long term I would like to think that we move away from oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment